How long have you been at IMSJC?
• A little over 5 years
Where were you born / where did you grow up?
• I was born and raised in Northern Alabama. Once I graduated college in 1998, I moved to Tennessee.
Tell us about your family….
• I have a 17 year old son, Carson that is a Junior in high school. His extracurricular activities (basketball, choir, theater, tennis) keep my calendar jam packed. My amazing parents still live in Northern Alabama. Although they sold the house I grew up in, they are now enjoying their 40 acre “farm”. They have been so supportive with helping me learn my new role of homeowner. (My dad and I stained my fence the week that the office was closed last month.) I have an older brother, Dan, who lives here in Spring Hill with his wife.
Did you attend college? What did you study?
• The University of North Alabama (Go Lions) / Computer Programming
What does a typical weekend look like for you?
• Cleaning house, running errands, paying bills (all of the adult things that no one wants to do)
• In the Spring/Summer I am most likely working in my yard or out on the lake with friends. If it’s Fall/Winter then you can find me watching college football. Roll Tide!
Share interesting facts that we don’t know about you.
• I am a sorority girl - ΑΓΔ.
• I am named after the song “Windy” by The Association (although my mother changed the spelling slightly)
• The summer that I was 15, there was a house fire where my parents and I lost everything. I came out of it with only the clothes on my back … which was a bathing suit.
• I got my first tattoo at the age of 42
What is your “go to” karaoke song?
• I have ONLY done karaoke once in public...
Although I do perform daily in my car on the 35 minute commute to/from work every day 😊
Do you have a favorite color?
• Earth tones / Fall colors
What is your favorite flower?
List your favorite and least favorite holiday.
• Favorite = Christmas even if my birthday is overshadowed by it
• Least Favorite = Labor Day because it is the end of Summer
What was your 1st job?
• Lifeguard – best job ever! I spent 6 fantastic summers working at the pool.
Where is the farthest that you have ever been from home?
• Lake Tahoe / Reno, Nevada (almost 18 years ago)
It’s laundry day. At the end of the day are the clothes: 1. In heaping piles on your bed 2. Folded and put away 3. Still in the machines because you forgot about them?
• #2 - My OCD has them folded and put away before I can call it a night.
Where is the most interesting place you have ever been?
• Swimming with Dolphins in the Bahamas, zip lining in Mexico, and scuba diving in Jamaica
What is your biggest fear?
• Being trapped underwater and drowning.
What is the latest concert/performance you attended?
• Lenny Kravitz – last concert
• Carson’s high school choir performance: The Wonderful Music of Disney
What is the first thing you bought with your own money?
• I remember my first credit card purchase when I was 18 years old. I used my JC Penny card to get an Alabama sweatshirt. I still have that sweatshirt….I wore it around the house just this last weekend (it’s just now good and broken in).
List 3 things on your bucket list.
• Hot air balloon ride
• Attending a Broadway play in New York City – this will get checked off my list in April
• Use my passport to travel more
What is the last show that you binge watched?
• 13 Reasons Why – Season 1 with my son
Have you ever been told that you resemble a celebrity? Who?
• When I was much younger – Molly Ringwald
What is a funny story that your family likes to share?
• I was home from college one weekend and answered the phone. The lady on the other end started asking me questions and getting irritated because I was clueless to what she was talking about. My brother was across the room laughing hysterically. I later found out that he had signed me up for a dating site for “Jewish Men Over 40” (This was before the internet and I was maybe 21 at the time). I still haven’t paid him back for that one!!!